2018 ASVA Lobby Day
Acupuncture in the Capital
Date: February 14, 2018, 8:00am - 1:00pm
Location: SunTrust Center, Tilghman Room (adjacent to security desk)
919 East Main Street, Richmond, VA 23219
Join ASVA for its third annual Lobby Day on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 from 8:00am - 1:00pm at the SunTrust Center in downtown Richmond.
ASVA needs volunteers to provide demonstrations and education our legislators and their staff about the benefits of acupuncture and East Asian Medicine. This is amazing opportunity to meet members of your state government, spread the word about acupuncture, and network with other Virginia acupuncturists. Participation for Lobby Day 2018 is free. We encourage all volunteers to bring plenty of business cards so that you can market your own business to local representatives and their staffers.
Lobby Day 2017 was a huge hit! Volunteers interacted and networked with over 75 members of the public, legislature, and government staff during our two hour demonstration period.
A group conference call will be held for all volunteers 1-2 weeks before the event to discuss details about your participation in Lobby Day 2018. Attendance of this conference call is mandatory for all volunteers. If you do not participate in the conference call or an agreed upon communication with the Board prior to February 14th, you will not be able to provide treatments at the event.
A tentative conference call date is Sunday, January 28, 2017 from 7:00pm to 8:00pm. You will receive an email about the date and time of the call. Please feel free to e-mail the ASVA Board ahead of time with any specific questions.
Hotel Group Rate & Accommodations
ASVA has set up a group rate of $122.00 plus tax per night at the Linden Row Inn located on 100 E. Franklin St. Richmond, VA 23219. This is the 3rd year ASVA has stayed at the Linden as it is close to the Lobby day location and offers free shuttle service to and from the event. There is limited street parking and valet/overnight parking is $18.00. If you plan to use the shuttle, please contact an ASVA Rep so we can tell you what time the shuttle will go over. Group rate is available till January 30th only.
To make a reservation at the Group Rate, please follow these instructions:
1. Go to our Reservations Page at www.reservations.lindenrowi nn.com OR www.lindenrowinn.com, then click on reservations
2. Select your Arrival and Departure Dates and Number of Adults
3. Enter the following Access Code for your Group to view your discounted rate: ASVA18
You can also call out front desk at 804-783-7000 and ask for the Acupuncture Society of Virginia Group Block to receive your group discount.
* There is also another separate rate offering a package that includes lodging, parking and 2 tickets to VMFA Terracotta Army: Warriors exhibit (November 18th-March 11th). See their website for more details.
1) Register online
2) Read confirming e-mail with details regarding Lobby Day Guidelines (what to bring, dress code, public speaking advice, and the different roles you can play on the day of the event)
4) Submit a copy of your license and malpractice insurance (if you plan to provide demonstrations) to ASVA at firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Participate in the pre-arranged conference call. If you are unable to attend the call, you will need to make other arrangements with the Board. Participation is mandatory.
Tuesday February 13, 2018 (Optional):
Visit with friends and enjoy Richmond in the afternoon. ASVA meet and greet dinner nearby the Linden Row Inn. Details to be announced.
Wednesday February 14th, 2018 Lobby Day Agenda
7:30am: Take shuttle from Linden Row Inn to the SunTrust Building. If you are not taking the shuttle, please arrive early to set-up and get instruction from the event group leaders. Pay parking garage onsite if driving to the SunTrust Building.
8:00am - 8:30am: Meet with representative to encourage Lobby Day attendance. Event set-up in the Tilghman room.
8:30am - 12:00pm: Needling demonstrations. Acupuncture demonstration are 15 minutes per person maximum. Each needler may have 2-3 seats in their area depending on room size.
12:00pm - 1:00pm: Demonstration clean up. Lunch at the cafeteria. Return to Linden Row Inn via shuttle if needed.