Acupuncture Society of Virginia
2020 Annual Membership Meeting
Tuesday, March 24, 2020 from 8:00 PM-10:00 PM
Location: Online via Zoom
Join us for ASVA's 2020 Annual Membership Meeting. This year we will discuss old and new business, introduce our new lobbyist, present recommended updates to the bylaws, vote on the proposed bylaws changes, and elect members to the Board of Directors.
The meeting will be help online via Zoom. A link to join the meeting will be e-mail to all participants on March 24th. You will not be required to download any software or applications.
A digital copy of the meeting agenda and amended bylaws will be e-mailed to all participants by March 10th.
ASVA Board Elections
Nominations are now open for ASVA board positions!
We are accepting nominations via email now until March 10th. Please submit your nominee or volunteer yourself by the deadline. Voting will take place in person at the annual membership meeting.
To find out more information contact ASVA or visit our board member page for a description of positions. Current ASVA Board members are happy to answer any questions.
8:00pm – 8:15pm: Roll Call – Greet ASVA members as they log into the meeting; troubleshoot any technical problems
8:15pm: 2020 ASVA Annual Membership Meeting is called to order
Welcome: ASVA Board Members and Lobbyist introductions (Aubry Fisher)
- Membership (Aubry Fisher) – Overview of ASVA membership numbers and membership activity.
- Legislative (Elaine Wolf Komarow, Legislative Liaison) – overview of the 2019-2020 legislative activities including:
- 2020 Legislative Session
- New Lobbyist
- ASA Report (Elaine Wolf Komarow) – overview of ASA activities; overview of 2019 ASA meeting and conference; upcoming ASA meeting and conference
- Treasury (Sarah Steed) – 2019-2020 Financial Statement
ASVA Board of Directors Elections (Aubry Fisher)
- Report on upcoming Board of Directors changes
- Introduce new Board members
- Vote on nominated and write-in Board members
2019-2020 Highlights (Aubry Fisher)
ASVA Bylaws Changes (Aubry Fisher & Elaine Wolf Komarow)
- Introduce proposed changes to bylaws
- Discussion on proposed changes
- Vote on proposed changes
Goals for 2020-2021 (Elaine Wolf Komarow)
- Increase communication with ASVA members
- Increasing membership and member involvement
- ASVA Policies and Procedures Manual
Getting Involved with ASVA (Aubry Fisher & Elaine Wolf Komarow)
Questions & Answers, open forum discussion for attendees